Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Every infection has a host that started it all

About 20 years ago I brewed a batch of beer from a kit that came in a 5 gallon fermentation bucket. The beer turned out sort of OK, but mostly not good. We still drank it wondering why there was a thick blanket of gunk (yeast) on the bottom.

20 years later and a much more refined palate and I want to give it another try. I attended a "Teach a friend to brew day" event at my friend Mark's house. The bug is back and I now want to brew great beer. This blog is setup to chronicle my journey into the world of brewing beer. Not beer from kits, but from scratch, also known as all-grain brewing. This is a more "purist" way of brewing, and from what I tasted at Mark's house (7 beers on tap) I know it's the only way to go.

So, stay tuned. I've got stuff to buy, stuff to make, and deals to negotiate before I can brew my first batch. Oh yeah, and a wife (SWMBO) to keep happy all along the way! ;-)

No comments: