Sunday, April 27, 2008

2 Brewing Firsts in One Day

Today was a good day. I had two brewing firsts today. First I followed my friend Mark's advice and used CO2 to "push" my beer from the carboy into the keg. Second I actually have two beers done and on the CO2 at one time! The second beer (English Bitter) isn't ready to drink for two more weeks and the Pale Ale is almost gone. I think it's about 1-2 glasses away from going ppffffttt!

Here are the pics from the day:

A stainless steel T splits the gas line in two.









Two beers in the fridge! They barely fit!












The CO2 Push Setup









The beer flowing from carboy to keg.









Almost done!









A full keg is a happy keg! The foam on top is from Star San - a no-rinse sanitizer.










The transfer only took about a minute with 1 lb of pressure from the CO2 canister. I'm going to invest in a quick disconnect for the CO2 so I can move the caniser around and not have to cut the cut the hose each time.

Up next: Two brews in one month, another first! A Nut Brown Ale for flavor and a Light Ale for those long summer days by the pool!

No comments: